Thursday 21 April 2011

Simply Hitched! A Simply Bows Real Bride: Linda


Congrats to Simply Bows and Chair Covers' Real Bride Linda and her new husband Andrew, who got married at one of our favourite venues - As You Like It Jesmond.  We adored Linda's vintage style wedding! A true wedding belle!



 We got engaged in Menorca back in June 2003 on my birthday! Because we’re both very career driven we never had a chance to get married until 2011!


We chose St Bartholomew's in Benton as it is our parish church and Father Martin and Father Daniel are wonderful and we wouldn’t want anyone else to have conducted the ceremony for us.
We had our wedding breakfast and evening reception at As You Like It in Jesmond. We chose the venue because of its unique style and quite simply because it was perfect for our theme, in addition we know the quality of the food and service at AYLI is second to none!



We had a 1950’s Vintage theme. I have always loved the style from then especially the dresses and I wanted something different and distinctive, I didn’t want to look like other typical brides, and I love dancing so a long sweeping dress would not have been practical. 
I designed the dress myself with help from a lovely lady called Jenny Hayes who is a designer, dressmaker and lecturer. The dress was based on a vintage dress I’d seen and I wanted something bespoke and unique, and Jenny made me the perfect dress.
  Our colour scheme was cream and vintage rose pink, perfect complement to the theme and the venue.
To add to the theme we hired a 1950’s Leyland bus to take our guests from the Church to AYLI, it was perfect.




We used Simply Bows and Chair Covers because I met Charlotte Harris at a wedding fayre and instantly liked her, I’d already seen her work at another wedding fayre at AYLI but had not had an opportunity to meet her, I was very impressed with the variety and attention to detail and the personal service that Charlotte offered.
Nothing was too much trouble and I’d recommend Charlotte and Simply Bows and Chair Covers to anyone who is not only getting married but any event! I’ll definitely use them again.


Would you like Simply Bows and Chair Covers to make your wedding extra special?



No comments:

Post a Comment