Thursday 7 April 2011

Simply Designer: An Interview with Charlotte Balbier

Friend of Simply Bows and Chair CoversBrides Up North,  recently interviewed wedding dress designer Charlotte Balbier.  Our thanks to Charlotte for sharing with Simply Bows and Chair Covers readers too.

 

Charlotte, your designs are very feminine and pretty, but with a modern twist.  What sort of bride do you design for?

Charlotte Balbier designs for the bride of today. The 2011 collections highlights the modernity, style and elegance of today’s fashion coupled with the fairytale femininity of classical bridal wear. A Charlotte Balbier bride is stylish, sassy, confident and know what she wants.




How did you get into wedding dress design - what is your "story"?

I was born into bridal royalty as my grandparents had a very successful bridal empire from the 1960’s – 1990’s. My Mum is the award winning designer Amanda Wyatt, this makes me the 3rd generation to have my own collection in my family!

Charlotte Balbier was launched in 2003 and I have never looked back! Over the past 8 years the brand has grown from strength to strength and now is enjoying a very high profile and I could not be happier. From being a little girl I always knew I wanted to create beautiful gowns for brides.




Which is your favourite design in your new collection and why?

I try not to have favourites... but I do!. From the 2011 collection style Eden is definitely my favourite gown. It’s such a beautiful and unique gown, the laser cut lace is just divine. The gown has a timeless elegance with a modern edge and I just love it.


Which celebrity would you most like to dress and why?  What dress would you design for them?

Michelle Williams. She’s a bit different without being wacky and she always looks stylish. I love her Red Carpet look, she is always under-stated but oh-so-glam with a vintage edge.




Which of your designs would you choose for Kate Middleton?  Or alternatively, what sort of dress would you design for her?


Kate is true English Rose with a touch of glamour and effortless chic, her dress choice should reflect her personality and her modern day fairytale wedding to the Prince. I would dress Kate in a soft silk gown that is elegant and timeless, I would style Kate with a long veil and accessories from the Royal’s treasure box!! I would keep Kate fresh, young, stylish with a fashion edge without compromising her elegant chic style.




No comments:

Post a Comment