Tuesday 26 March 2013

Supplier Spotlight: The AMAZING Beverly Feldman Design!


 What is company name? 
Beverly Feldman Design

What is your line of business? 
Fabulous shoes and wonderful handbags



How and why the company begin? 
In 1978. Why, because “I Love Shoes!”

Are you married? If so tell us a little about your wedding….
 I am happily unmarried, but when I did get married I got married in purple cowboy boots in NYC and drove away in a stretch limo, before anyone even knew about stretch limos. I married my prince. Unfortunately he turned into a frog 17 years later and I flushed him down the toilet where he belonged.



Why do brides come to you?
For that exceptional wedding shoe, the playful honeymoon shoe, spice up the bedroom shoe!

What is your favourite design and why?
 All my shoes are my favourites, they are like my little babies, how can I have a favourite? I do over 500 shoes a year. But if I have to choose one Diamonds 4Ever is my favourite one for summer.

What is the most popular item you supply and why? 
I do sexy casual really well, as we all want to be sexy, and comfortable at the same time, but I have not forgotten how do to old fashioned really sexy high heels! You know what kind of shoes I mean. And make them comfortable at the same time. The fact that I am a woman designing for other women makes a big difference. I wear my own shoes and fit test them. Numero uno… Comfort. Numero dos… Glam.



Where do you get your inspiration from? 
Shopping. I am a world class gold Olympic marathon shopper! I shop NYC, Paris, London, Asia. I just came back from Istanbul. I love flea markets and jewellery stores… My passion is creating and shopping, the two go hand in hand in my life.

What is in store for you in 2013?
Lots of what I do best, colours, animal prints, jewels, irresistible collectibles. Women all over the world collect my shoes. When you buy one, you automatically want more!


Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them? 
A woman just like me. Successful, secure, with money to spend, has the ability to know what trends to stay away from, and what styles flatter her. She buys items that will always work in her wardrobe, my shoes do not go out of fashion. Because I do not follow trends, I have my own style. And that style is “too much is not enough”.

What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?

  Always buy two pair of shoes for your wedding or maybe three. In Hong Kong the bride changes no less than 5 times. You need a pair of shoes to walk down the aisle, a pair to dance in and then a good pair of ballets for the end of the night. Everything should twinkle…



Tell us something super interesting about you or your business that we wouldn’t already know…? 
 I started from nothing, and am only a success based on my pure talent. I have no partners, and am self financed. I have been up and down more times than a roller coaster, if you know what that is … I never give up. The shoe business is worse than a miniseries. The factories can destroy you if you are not a “super bitch”!
I have 10 dogs 7 poodles and 3 german shephards. And 3 boyfriends! I just turned 66 and feel 38!


Where are you based and where can you supply?
 I am based in Alicante, Spain. My shoes and handbags are sold worldwide, in the UK I have been with Russell&Bromley exclusively since I was 23 years old. I have just opened my own webstore:
www.BeverlyFeldmanShoes.com where you can get a great assortment of my designs, many are exclusive and not carried by my distributors.

How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order? 
Sign up at BeverlyFeldmanShoes.com and we will send regular updates via email, and you can also follow my blog which if nothing else, is extremely entertaining.


Why do you like to work with Simply Bows and Chair Covers? 

I love Glam! And I love to work with companies where the boss is a woman and she wears Beverly Feldman Shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment