Sunday 18 May 2014

Simply a Franchise in Focus.... Kimberley runs our Essex office


Introduce yourself, name, age, which region/ venues you cover...
I’m Kimberley, I’m 39 and I cover the Essex region. This includes venues such as Hylands House, Greenwoods Spa and Hotel Retreat, Channels and Little Channels, Bury Lodge, The Rayleigh Club, The Manor Hotel & Restaurant, Orsett Hall Hotel and many, many more.



What is your background?
I have an HND and a degree in Journalism. I have lived and travelled in North America and Australia which I really enjoyed. I have worked for a leading children’s charity. I am now married and have two children – Toby aged 12 and Sophie aged 10.

Why did you take a franchise with Simply Bows and Chair Covers?
I worked for a leading children’s charity for 14 years until the office was relocated. At this point I knew I wanted to do something different that could work for myself and my family. I have always wanted to do a job that enables me to be creative in some way but wasn’t sure how I could make this a reality. After reading an article about Sarah, I liked the sound of what the job entailed as being a part of the wedding industry is quite special. I got in touch as was interested in taking a franchise and the rest fell into place fairly quickly which instinctively told me it was the right thing to do!



Why do you love working for yourself?
It offers me the freedom of being my own boss and controlling my time in a way that fits around busy home life. I think it’s such a positive thing for the children to see – mum running her own business and all the challenges that this brings. It teaches them about hard work, taking risks but also seeing the bigger picture to build a great work life balance and secure future.

Why do you love being a Simply Bows and Chair Covers franchisee?
I love being a part of Simply Bows and Chair Covers because it gives me the chance to do something creative as well as being part of a highly successful business. Helping people get what they want for their special day in terms of finishing touches is really special and it’s great to be a part of this. I enjoy the social aspect of being a franchisee as I am meeting people all the time. The products speak for themselves as the quality is high and all aspects of the business reflect this (strong messages from the central website, good social media presence etc). I love the fact that Simply Bows and Chair Covers is an award winning company that continues to grow, develop and is innovative in a fast changing market. It’s a great team to be a part of and I love it!



Where do you see you, and your franchise in 1 years’ time and also 3 years’ time?

In one years’ time I would like my franchise to be running well with credibility and a fabulous reputation in the Essex area. I would like to be supplying a number of venues top class products and a top class service.
In three years’ time I would like my franchise to be providing the same top class products and service with a strong presence in the Essex area. My aim is to become sole supplier exclusively to a select number of high profile wedding venues in the county.

No comments:

Post a Comment