Sunday 23 March 2014

Simply a Franchise in Focus: Claire from Aberdeen

    Introduce yourself, name, age, which region/ venues you cover...
    My name is Claire, I’m 33 and I cover the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area.  This includes a number of great venues, ranging from Fasque House to the south at Fettercairn, Glen Tanar Estate to the west at Aboyne and venues within the City of Aberdeen itself, including The Caledonian Thistle and Norwood Hall.  My territory also includes a lot of National Trust for Scotland venues, including Crathes, Drum and Fraser Castles.

    What is your background?
    I studied Land Economy at University and have been a Town Planning Consultant since leaving University 11 years ago.
    Why did you take a franchise with Simply Bows and Chair Covers?
    I got married in 2011 and loved every part of planning my wedding.  I struggled to find loose fitting chair covers and while I was searching, I came across Simply Bows and Chair Covers and noticed that they didn’t have a presence in Aberdeen.  I met with Sarah, who had so much enthusiasm for what she did, that I jumped at the chance of taking the product north to open the first office in Scotland. 

    Why do you love working for yourself?
    I love that I can fit working around my two children, which gives me the best of both worlds – being at home when they need me, but giving me the opportunity and independence to carry on working, and getting out and meeting people.    
    Why do you love being a Simply Bows and Chair Covers franchisee?
    I love working in the wedding and events industry as it’s such a happy, positive environment and meeting and helping brides achieve their vision for their wedding day is very rewarding.  The products we supply are of a really high quality, which, for me is an important consideration when planning a wedding or event.  Therefore, it’s easy to be positive about what I do on a day to day basis.  Also, Sarah, the Managing Director is very passionate about what she does and is always willing to offer support and advice in helping us grow our business. 

    Where do you see you, and your franchisee in 1 years time and also 3 years time?
    Since I opened the Aberdeen office 2 years ago, we’ve seen bookings increase year on year, so I see this continuing again in the next year.  I would also like to establish connections with more venues in the area.
In 3 years, I see the Aberdeen office well established in the area, recognised for supplying a quality product and providing great customer service.  I also see us adding to the number of venues we supply linen to as part of their wedding packages.  I love my job and know that this won't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment