Sunday 26 January 2014

Simply Stunning: An amazing real wedding with a fabulous vintage theme!

What are your first names? 
Kris and Ali

Where and when did you get engaged? 
On 9thOct 2012 (Ali’s birthday) on the millennium bridge in Newcastle after a lovely birthday meal at the Baltic restaurant.

What was your wedding date? 
29.10.13

Where did you get married? 
Newton Hall




Why did you choose your venue? 
Its quirky style, individuality, something a bit different. It matched everything we love – not everything matching or too ‘wedding’ like. I just love all things vintage and I knew that our ideal wedding would fit into the venue perfectly. We just knew we wanted to get married there the minute we saw it!

Did you have a “theme”? 
Yes – all things vintage – myself and my mum trailed through second hand and vintage shops for a year! It was great fun. We went mad for doilies, china, cut glass and lace….. We wanted things to match but not ‘be matching’!!


What was your wedding colour scheme? 
We wanted to stay very neutral. Although I am an art teacher I am really not one for bold, vivid or bright colours …. I love everything to just ‘tie in’ and not match. I think that everything becomes more interesting this way – there is more to look at without one dominating colour! The nude pink lace bridesmaid dresses were just perfect and they set the tone for the whole day. The centre pieces almis-matched but stayed within the nude scheme!


Why did you choose Simply Bows and Chair Covers and what were they like to work with? 
We saw a stand at a wedding fair at Alnwick Gardens and we were drawn straight away to the beautiful display. I knew exactly what I wanted and these guys had it! The minute we started talking to Janine I knew that she understood just want we wanted. We went for sheer nude bows – we didn’t want to cover the gorge chairs at Newton Hall up with white chair covers – they looked amazing!




What sort of dress did you choose and where from? 
I chose a vintage style corded lace dress by Justin Alexander. It was from a beautiful bridal boutique – ‘Bridal Wish’. Wendy was just amazing and I really loved the whole process.She made me feel like an absolute princess every time we visited, The dress was so perfect so me … it was so easy to wear and comfortable but was the exact lace I wanted and I felt great in it! I got so many compliments all day!!!!



What did your bridesmaids wear? 
They wore nude pink lace gowns. They were by ‘Ariella’ and from House of Fraser. I’m really not keen on typical satin bridesmaid dresses but the minute I saw these with my two gorgeous bridesmaids we all loved them! It’s all about the lace!!!




Who was your photographer? 
SDS Photography. Sarah-Jane and Simon are good friends of ours and they did the most perfect job of capturing our big day. We love the photo journalistic style as it tells a story of our special day. We love the images.


What “special touches” did you add to your day? 
We did everything ourselves. Myself and my mum are Art Teachers so apart from the bows (for which I handed over my trust to Janine) we did absolutely everything. My mum even did our really complex centre pieces on the morning of the wedding because we didn’t trust everyone else! We used lots of special family heirlooms to really personalise our wedding. We spent ages tying lace around jam jars, designing menus, stamping names, and generally being creative it was so much fun! I also made a beautiful brooch bouquet. I used some old family brooches as well as some I picked up in second hand shops – I cant stop looking at it even now!




What was your favourite part of the day? 
Kris and I just loved every part of our day. We can’t pick out one particular bit apart from becoming Mr and Mrs in front of all our closest family and friends that it! It feels amazing being husband and wife and that’s what its all about!



Where did you go on honeymoon? 
We haven’t been yet …. But we’re going to Mexico in April….this is what happens when you are restricted to school holidays!!!


What would be your top tip for another bride to be? 
Make your wedding perfect and everything you dream it to be. Have a vision in your mind and do everything you can to make it happen. I did and it was just perfect for Kris and I…… And just enjoy your day – everyone says it but it all goes so quickly so just have a great time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment