Saturday 11 January 2014

Simply a Franchise in Focus: Meet Joanne from Lancashire


    Introduce yourself and your area...
    I’m Joanne, 25 from Lancashire and cover from the likes of Fleetwood, Preston and the Ribble valley right down to Chorley.


    What is your background?
    I graduated from Liverpool Hope University in 2009 with a BA (Hons) in Law & Business. Since then, I have worked as the Food & Beverage Manager at a prestigious venue in the Ribble Valley and more recently, as the Manager of a Restaurant and Hotel chain. These roles formed my enthusiasm for organising weddings and events, which led to the Simply Bows & Chair Covers franchise opportunity and I have never looked back.

    Why did you take a franchise with Simply Bowsand Chair Covers?
    I have always loved organising and working at weddings but I also knew that I wanted to work for myself.  Initially I thought that this would be through being a wedding planner but after research I came across Simply Bows and Chair Covers.  From working in weddings day in day out, I knew that there was definitely a market in Lancashire for high quality made to measure chair covers and linen, as the covers I always came across were ill fitted, dirty and made of cheap fabric.  

    Why do you love working for yourself?
    Working for myself means that I can be a bit more flexible with my working hours.  If I have other commitments during the day I can always work in the evening or vice versa (once all my weddings have been attended to of course!).  I also love the fact that every day brings something different.  Over the last few years I have appeared on TV as a ‘wedding expert’, been invited to many a Charity Ball or Dinner Dance and met some fantastic people.

    Why do you love being a Simply Bows and Chair Covers franchisee?
    Since day 1, the support network of Simply Bows and Chair Covers has been second to none, both from head office and the other girls.  Our team meetings are invaluable for advice, motivation and general help.  I often get asked why I didn’t set up alone, but without the reputation, support network and fantastic website that we have at Simply Bows and Chair Covers I very much doubt I would be where I am today with the business.


    Where do you see you, and your franchisee in 1 years time and also 3 years time?
    1 year: I want to increase my events by 20% on 2013, which I am so far on track to do.  I also wish to take on a hotel linen contract and be in the packages of 2 more major hotels and recommended in 20 further venues across Lancashire.
    3 years: In 3 years time I wish to be completing 250 events per year, in packages of 4 major hotels and recommended in 50% of the venues in Lancashire.
    And of course I want to still be enjoying what I do... I'm sure I will be! :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment