Friday 1 November 2013

Simply POPtastic! Aberdeen Cakepop Company POPtastic feature on our blog today...

What is  your company name?
POPtastic Cakes
What is your line of business?
Novelty cakes and cake pop favours for parties and weddings
 How and why the company begin?
          The company began in 2011 to satisfy my passion for making cake pops and  novelty cakes.
Why do brides come to you?
          I'm often recommended to them by previous satisfied customers. I've built a reputation for good quality products and a friendly, helpful service.
What is your favourite design and why?
I love the brides and grooms I make. They're so fun. But my favourite design is the mini wedding cake pop. I created this design myself and use it for my logo. It sums up what POPtastic Cakes is all about – yummy cakes on a stick suitable for wedding favours.


What is the most popular item you supply and why?
          Each bride I have worked with has chosen a design unique to her theme but for weddings the most popular favours are the brides & grooms, mini wedding cakes hand piped designs and champagne flutes
Where do you get your inspiration from?
          A lot of people out there are making cake pops. Some of them inspire me to try new designs. Also, my customers request different things to be made into cake pops and I do my best to make them work. Thankfully I've been pretty successful so far.
What is in store for you in 2014?
I have some great ideas for new product lines that will encourage more people to try my cake pops. These are new designs and new flavours. I've also made links with the Thistle Aberdeen hotels to supply them with cake pops for their functions. I'm hoping to build on this with other Aberdeen hotels.
Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them?
          I recently supplied a lovely couple, Lorraine & Shaun, with 12 dozen cake pops in a variety of designs. They were displayed together on a huge stand loaned to me by fellow cake popper Laura Lane and on top of the display I had a plain iced cake with a bride and groom cake pop standing on it.
That was an amazing commission and I'd love more like that. As to the individual and the designs I'm not sure but I loved making the Vegas signs that Lorraine and Shaun requested to represent their wedding in Las Vegas.
That was fun!
What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?
Ask if they bake the cakes themselves and request samples. Ask friends to recommend someone   who has baked for them. Look for someone who is booked up well in advance and can boast repeat customers.
Where are you based and where can you supply?
          I am based in west end Aberdeen. I can supply in and around Aberdeen and will travel further afield if required. My cake pops travel well though and I have posted some for a wedding reception sweet buffet.
How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order?
Phone 07748420363
facebook.com/poptasticcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment