Thursday 21 November 2013

Simply Bows and Chair Covers Real Bride Beth and her Pitlochry wedding!

 What are your names?
 
Beth and Neil Henderson
 

 

Where and when did you get engaged?
 
We got engaged on the 17th February 2012. Neil surprised me by proposing in our flat in Aberdeen!

When did you tie the knot?
 
 6th July 2013 at Atholl Palace Hotel, Pitlochry
 

Why did you choose there?
 
 I am originally from Perthshire so I had my heart set on getting married in that area. Neil and I went for a weekend trip to Pitlochry before we got engaged and we fell in love with the Atholl Palace. We looked at a couple of other venues but for us, nothing could compare to Atholl Palace.
 
Did you have a theme or colour scheme?
 
We went for a Garden theme.
Our colours for the day were green and peach. We incorporated this into the dresses, flowers, cake, chair ties. Everything!
 


Why did you choose Simply Bows and Chair Covers?
 
I went to the Aberdeen Wedding fair in January with the intention of sorting out the chair covers. After speaking to Claire, she informed me that Simply Bows Aberdeen would put me into contact with Simply Bows Dundee. Susan got into contact with me soon afterwards and everything went from there. Susan and Vicki were an absolute pleasure to work with and everything went perfectly!
 

What did you wear?
 
I wore a Sassi Holford dress with I purchased from Orlaya Bridal in Aberdeen. It was a strapless A-line dress with lace detail at the top and a diamanté design on the bodice. I also wore a matching lace bolero with the dress. It was gorgeous!
 

What about your bridesmaids?
 
My bridesmaids wore a green one shoulder chiffon dress from Ivory Whites in Perth. The one shoulder had rose detail. My flower girl wore a peach dress from Monsoon.
 

Who was your photographer?
 
Ritchie Patton. He is based in Glasgow but he does Weddings all over Scotland. His website is www.ritchiepatton.com. Highly recommended, his photos are fantastic!
 

What special touches did you have?
 
During our ceremony, we drank from the quaich. Most couples tend to use whiskey or Irn-Bru and Neil and I used a 15 year old rum instead.
 
After visiting Cuba, we developed a love for rum and so, it was lovely to share this moment on the day.
 
We also had a saxophonist instead of a piper on our Wedding day, he was fantastic!
 
 
What was your favourite part of the day?

Walking into the ceremony room while the saxophonist played 'Moon River'. As I walked in, Neil looked at me straight away and smiled. I will always remember that moment.
 

Did you go on honeymoon?
 
We went to St Lucia. Brilliant!


What is your top tip for other brides to be?
 
Once all of the organising is done, remember to relax and pamper yourself! You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment