Saturday 7 June 2014

Simply Super Trend: Wedding Converse!

What is your company name?
 
Custom Converse
 
 
 
What is your line of business?
 
Hand painting and customizing Converse trainers to any theme and for any occasion.
 
 
 
 
 How and why the company begin?
 
The idea for Custom Converse developed after browsing the Converse website. They have a design your own section but don’t allow the customer much creative freedom; I wanted to add the logo of my favourite band to a pair but this wasn’t an option. I’d painted some canvases before and had some left over paint so took to my old Converse and customized them myself. I instantly fell in love with the finished pair and shared some photos on facebook. My friends and fans of the band loved them, so setting up Custom Converse seemed like the next logical step!
 
 
 
 Are you married? If so tell us a little about your wedding….
 
Still single.....
 
 
 Why do brides come to you?
 
I offer brides a great alternative to killer wedding heels. Converse are perfect to change into for the reception and allow both comfort and style when dancing the night away. The custom factor makes everything even more special and personal. I can match to the wedding theme through both colours and design, plus details such as the wedding date and a future married name make for a great sentiment to the day.
 
  
Custom Converse aren’t just for the brides either! I have done pairs for a full wedding party including the mother and father of the bride and groom, flower girls and pageboys.
 
 
What is your favourite design and why?
 
My favourite design to date was a pair of all white low top converse which had gold Swarovski crystal covered toe caps, ivory ribbon laces and a gold design of interlocking rings surrounded by small hearts. The colour combination worked really well and they looked very elegant.
 
 

 
 What is the most popular item you supply and why?
 
The most popular pairs are the Heel Tag designs. They’re very simple but effective. I paint the back heel tabs of each shoe with a colour of your choice and can then layer over a name, date, or tag to personalise. It’s a more subtle way of still having a totally unique item.
 
 
 
Where do you get your inspiration from?
 
A lot of the inspiration comes from the customers themselves. I allow them as much creative control as they’d like. Some people come to me with an exact idea of what they’d like and it’s brilliant to be able to bring their ideas to life. Others will leave me with a general theme and I will piece a design together from what has worked well in the past.
 
I’ve carried forward fonts which have been used for the wedding invites along with small design features such as the floral pattern.
 
 

 
What is in store for you in 2014/2015?
 
A lot of surprises! I never know what requests will drop in my inbox so I just take each day as it comes. A lot more custom pairs of converse are definitely on the cards though!
 
  
Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them?
 
My dream client would be a band headlining Glastonbury. I’d want each pair to be personal to each band member and to be based on something they’re passionate about. I’d want them to really love the shoes and want to wear them with pride.
  
 
 What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?
 
Shop by reputation more than price. The cheapest option often compromises quality and lacks the personal touch which is essential when buying a bespoke item.
 
 

 
 
 
Tell us something super interesting about you or your business that we wouldn’t already know…?
 
Custom Converse is run singlehandedly by myself, Jen, and was set up 3 years ago when I was 19. The first famous person to wear a pair of Custom Converse was Dan Smith, frontman of the Brit award winning band Bastille.  
  
 Where are you based and where can you supply?
 
I’m based in Cambridge, UK and I ship worldwide.
  
 
 How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order?
 
Visit my website www.custom-converse.co.uk where you can gain inspiration for your own design and drop me a message with your ideas.
 
Custom Converse is also on twitter @Custom_Converse and facebook.com/customconverseuk
  

 
 Why do you like to work with Simply Bows and Chair Covers?
 
It’s a great company offering brilliant products and wedding inspiration. The perfect platform to spread the word about Custom Wedding Converse from!

No comments:

Post a Comment