Monday 10 September 2012

Simply Supplier Focus: Divine Stationary for Vivi Paperie

What is company name?

Vivi Paperie

What is your line of business? 

Wedding & Event Stationery



                                                        How and why the company begin? 
After many years of making stationery for friends and the frustration of not progressing in my previous career after having my son, I took the big decision to start my own business based upon my love of all things paper. I felt that stationery market in Aberdeen had become stagnant and was crying out for a fresh and creative approach to stationery design, difference being something I pride myself on.


 Are you married?
Yes, to my wonderful husband Murray for 5 years and counting.


 Why do brides come to you? 
I like to think they appreciate the creative style that my invitations have along with the fact that I create something unique for every couple I work with. The perfect way to match the tone for their own special day.



What is your favourite design and why? 

Oh that’s a hard question as it changes all the time. I have to say my current favourite is the Greta, it just oozes sophistication – I’m so in love with die-cut shapes just now, a huge trend about to follow on here from the USA.





What is the most popular item you supply and why? 
My most popular invitation design this year is probably based on something between the “Freya” and the “Berry Ornate”, it’s quite split down the middle, couples are either looking for a simple and contemporary statement, such as the script fonts of the Freya, or they like the do-it-all pocketfold invitation like the “Berry Ornate” with the motif square on the front in their own design and colours. As an official “Envelopments” supplier and designer I have a huge range of pocketfold colours and patterns at my fingertips.



                                           Where do you get your inspiration from? 
II’m hugely influenced by American stationery trends and their obsessive love of weddings, especially contemporary letterpress. As a design graduate I’m aware how important good research and trend forecasting is, and I take that into consideration with all my work. I also love the current vintage trend and it’s definitely here to stay for the time being.





What is in store for you for the rest of 2012 and into 2013?

I'm busy, busy, busy, my first year in business has got off to flying start, more than I could’ve imagined, it looks like it is set to continue as I’m now pretty fully booked for the rest of the year.








<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them? 
I’d love to design Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s wedding invitations, something effortlessly chic with handmade French lace and beautiful scripted fonts, dreamy and vintage in classical black and ivory.





<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry? 

My top tip is: don’t be afraid to ask for what you want. Many stationery designs that are viewed on websites or in brochures can be adapted to suit your own wedding theme at no extra cost – bespoke doesn’t have to be hugely expensive.








<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Where are you based and where can you supply? 
I’m based in Balmedie in Aberdeen but can cover all over Scotland and further afield as I don’t necessarily have to meet clients face to face.





<!--[if !supportLists]-->How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order? 

By email or phone is best to perhaps arrange a consultation or discuss your requirements. My email is lianne@vivipaperie.co.uk and mobile 07812 200 730.







<!--[if !supportLists]-->Why do you like to work with Simply Bows and Chair Covers? 
Claire who runs the Aberdeen office is such a friendly and helpful person to be associated with, I’m very grateful we met at our first wedding exhibition back in January as she’s been an excellent business contact to have and to recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment