Sunday 25 March 2012

Simply fabulous: A day in the life of a Simply Bows and Chair Covers Area Director

This week Joanne who heads up of our Lancashire office shares with you an insight into the varied and wonderful life as a Simply Bows and Chair Covers Area Director......



Working as part of Simply Bows and Chair Covers means that no two days are the same.  One day I could be in Blackburn providing chair covers for a wedding and the next I could be exhibiting at a wedding fayre in Preston.  But imagine my surprise when I got a phone call from the Two Four Production team, the team behind The Hotel Inspector.


After getting over my initial shock that they wanted me to appear on one of their shows, it turns out that Alex Polizzi wanted local brides and businesses in the wedding industry to be her guests as she surprised a local hotel manager in Wigan.  The team had been filming there for several weeks but Alex wanted us to give our opinions on the 2 Bridal Suites, the wedding packages and the reception rooms.

So last Thursday, my best friend and bride-to-be Becca, got all glammed off and off we trotted to The Bellingham in Wigan.  I have to confess that I have never watched the show before, so when Alex walked into the room I only knew it was her by the large gasp from Becca!  Alex was very happy to answer our questions and talked business to us for about half an hour before we started filming.  This woman knows it all and was extremely inspiring!



Next came the filming- eek! We were filmed pulling upto the hotel in a stretch hummer limo as we sprung our visit onto the manager, not such a surprise though as it took 3 takes for us to get it right!  We were then shown the 2 bridal suits- you'll have to wait till the show airs to see our comments on these but what I will say is that the first room is a seventies shocker! Last but not least was the reception room.  A large airy space but with no character to it.  Four tables had been set up in a reception style with a top table.  We all agreed that if the manager was to show brides around, the venue should be dressed with chair covers, flowers  and a bit of colour, as the room as it was certainly didn't make me feel like I wanted to have my wedding there.  To make things worse, the table linen they had used looked like it had been screwn up into a ball and then put straight back onto a table! An expert venue dresser was definitely needed in this hotel!

I don't want to give to much away, so to see our thoughts on the hotel and the changes that Alex provides, you 'll have to tune in when the new series airs in August/September".



No comments:

Post a Comment